Thyroid Support Gold - For Cat Hyperthyroid
Thyroid Support Gold is a natural supplement designed to give gentle support to a feline's thyroid gland. The principal herbs in this formula specifically address thyroid hormones. The adjunct herbs support other parts of the body that can be affected by thyroid hormones: heart function and the nervous system (including activity levels and sleep). There is also some naturally-occurring vitamin C (from Amla) that provides support for the thyroid and immune system. Hyperthyroidism is very common with middle-aged and older felines; in fact, it has become one of the most common ailments that vets see in cats. It results when the thyroid gland (located near the cat's windpipe) produces too much thyroid hormone.
Hyperthyroid pets often lose weight, have increased or decreased appetites, and become nervous, irritable and vocal. For several days, they may be hyperactive and have a rapid heart beat, then lethargic, apathetic and uninterested in food, play or grooming. Unfortunately thyroid imbalances are extremely common in cats, the biggest one being hyperthyroidism.
- Metabolic support for normal weight, appetite and thirst
- Addresses underlying healthy function of the thyroid gland
- Supports a regular, smooth coat
- Supports heart function
- Supports normal sleep patterns
Directions For Use
- Under 30 lb: Give one drop per 2 lb (1 kg) of body weight
Shake well before use. Does not require refrigeration.
Bugleweed herb (Lycopus virginicus): Bugleweed is extensively used in herbal medicine to maintain thyroid function. Its action is considered “amphoteric,” meaning it has the ability to support a balance of normal thyroid hormone levels.
Lemon Balm herb (Melissa officinalis): Lemon Balm has been shown to help maintain a normal range of thyroid hormones and overall thyroid function. Additionally, it is an herb that supports a more relaxed nervous system.
Rehmannia root (Rehmannia glutinosa): An overactive thyroid condition is characterized in Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine (TCVM) as "Yin Deficiency." "Yin tonic" herbs such as Rehmannia root support Yin Deficient conditions and also make the formula more appropriate for longterm administration.
Bupleurum root (Bupleurum spp.): Similar to Rehmannia, Bupleurum root provides tonic qualities for Yin Deficiency.
Motherwort herb (Leonurus cardiaca): Motherwort is used for its dual action upon both the heart and the nervous system. It contributes to a general feeling of calmness and can also help to maintain restful sleep.
Skullcap herb (Scutellaria lateriflora): Supportive to the nervous system and maintaining regular, calm temperament and restful sleep, Skullcap is also considered useful for maintaining healthy blood pressure.
Heal All fruit spike (Prunella vulgaris): Also called Self Heal, this small herb is used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for conditions of Yin Deficiency and commonly used for gently supporting the thyroid.
Amalaki (Amla) fruit (Phyllanthus officinalis): The fruit of this Asian tree contributes high levels of naturally occurring vitamin C, necessary for healthy thyroid function.
Deionized water, natural bacon flavor, vegetable glycerin.
- Do not use with hypothyroidism (low thyroid function).
- Do not use with drugs prescribed to treat hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid function).
- Safe use in pregnant animals or animals intended for breeding has not been proven.
- If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian.
- An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product.
- Not for human consumption. Keep out of reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.