Pet Melatonin for Cats
Melatonin is a naturally occurring hormone produced in the pineal gland of cats (and other animals). It plays a large role in regulating sleep patterns. It also has a role in the regulation of cortisol production, a hormone secreted by the adrenal glands in response to stress.
Pet Melatonin is in a convenient liquid format that makes it easy to administer to cats in the correct amount, unlike capsules or tablets. It is synthetically derived and not extracted from the pineal glands of pigs. A synthetic melatonin ensures safety from viruses or other microbes that may be present in animal tissue. Never give your pet a melatonin supplement made for humans as they can contain ingredients such as xylitol, which is toxic to pets.
- Helps normalize sleep rhythms
- Soothes anxiousness, agitation
- Helps manage stress, fear
Directions For Use
|10 lb. and under
|11 - 25 lb.
Shake well before use. Does not require refrigeration.
Melatonin (synthetic)... 3 mg per ml
Deionized water, natural bacon flavor, vegetable glycerin.
- If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian.
- Not to be used during pregnancy or lactation.
- Do not administer to pets under one year of age.
- May cause drowsiness after administration.
- An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product.
- Not for human consumption. Keep out of reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.