Hairball Gold- Help for Cat Hairballs
Hairball Gold is a natural oil-based liquid intended to help your feline manage hairballs. Plant-based ingredients high in mucilage content (naturally viscous) are combined with other herbs that assist normal elimination through the bowels and help the stomach feel comfortable. All herbal materials are extracted into a healthy base of medium chain triglyceride (MCT) oil, a product shown to be beneficial for general health in humans and animals.Felines routinely have to manage the hair they ingest. Their careful grooming results in the consumption of hair that needs to then pass through their digestive tract and be eliminated in the stool.
Hair is not a substance that can be broken down and digested. If enough hair collects in the GI tract and there is not enough moisture and lubrication to help it pass through, your cat may attempt to vomit or heave up the offending mass. If the mass only partially travels through the digestive tract, it can cause an obstruction. This is very uncomfortable for the cat and can have serious implications if the mass does not eventually pass through. The cat may also heave or retch for long periods of time in attempts to dislodge the hairball
- All-natural lubricating ingredients
- For acute episodes and regular maintenance
- Helps hairballs pass through the digestive tract
- Petroleum-free formula. No mineral oil
Directions For Use
|15 lb. and under
|Over 15 lbs.
For active hairball episodes, administer four times daily.
For routine maintenance, administer twice daily, two days per week.
Shake well before use. Does not require refrigeration.
BEST way to give drops: Add to food. Add drops to a small portion of a favorite food or treat and ensure the entire amount is consumed. We recommend administration of the drops in a way that your cat will like best.
Slippery Elm inner bark (Ulmus fulva): The powdered bark of the Slippery Elm tree is known for its ability to provide comfort and hydration (due to its slimy texture) to epithelial tissue found in the lining of the throat and esophagus. Slippery Elm has a pleasant, mildly sweet taste and provides easily digested nutrients.
Marshmallow root (Althea officinale): Marshmallow contains an abundance of mucilage and is often used to help the throat, lungs and digestive tract.
Triphala blend (Terminalia chebula, Phyllanthus officinalis, Terminalia bellirica): This traditional Ayurvedic formula is very effective for helping the GI tract in its normal process of elimination, without causing runny stools.
Aloe Vera leaf (Aloe barbadensis): Soothing and cooling to the mucous lining of the GI tract, Aloe has a naturally viscous texture and aids with normal repair of the stomach and gut lining.
Chamomile flower (Matricaria chamomilla): Many know of Chamomile as a soothing nervine (to help calm nerves). It also can be employed to help comfort the stomach and intestinal tract.
Licorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra): Licorice is demulcent (contains soothing mucilaginous properties) and aids with digestion and producing normal bowel movements.
Ginger rhizome (Zingiber officinale): Ginger is calming to digestion and helpful for nausea.
Medium chain triglyceride (MCT) oil
- If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian.
- Safe use in pregnant animals or animals intended for breeding has not been proven.
- Absorption of drugs may be delayed if taken at the same time.
- Use with caution in cardiac or kidney conditions or if taking steroid medication.
- Excessive or long term, daily use may cause or contribute to water retention or hypertension.
- An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product.
- Not for human consumption. Keep out of reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.