Dechra DermaBenSs Shampoo is a soap-free shampoo indicated for coat and skin conditions where the following properties would be beneficial to the patient: antibacterial, barrier repair, degreasing, follicular flushing, antiseborrheic, keratolytic and keratoplastic.
Designed for use on oily and scaly skin (seborrhea oleosa), superficial and deep pyodermas, crusty pyodermas, and can also be used as adjunctive therapy for generalized demodicosis and Schnauzer comedo syndrome or other causes of folliculitis. Benzoyl peroxide may bleach fabrics and other absorbent materials. Use carefully (gloves are recommended), and avoid contact with clothing and furnishings.
- Formulated for dogs, cats and horses
- Gentle, soap-free, no sulfur odor
- Degreasing, drying, follicular flushing
- Antiseborrheic, antimicrobial
- Keratolytic, helps to increase the amount of water the stratum corneum can absorb
- Keratoplastic, helps to promote healthy skin regrowth
- Contains Dechra’s ceramide complex to aid in skin barrier function
Directions for Use
Shake well. Apply to wet coat, rub onto skin and haircoat until lightly lathered. Keep skin and haircoat lathered for 5-10 minutes, then rinse well. Use 2-3 times per week or as directed by veterinarian.
Active Ingredients: 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide, 1% Sodium Thiosulfate, 1% Salicylic Acid, Ceramides
Inactive Ingredients: Propylene Glycol, Fragrance.
- 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide provides antimicrobial (especially antibacterial), keratolytic, comedolytic (follicular flushing), and degreasing actions.
- 1% Sodium Thiosulfate (Sulfur) provides keratoplastic, keratolytic, antibacterial, antifungal, and antiparasitic benefits.
- 1% Salicylic Acid provides mild antipruritic, antibacterial, keratoplastic, and keratolytic actions; lowers the skin pH and increases corneocyte hydration. Salicylic acid and sulfur have shown to be synergistic in their keratolytic actions.
- Comprehensive skin lipid complex includes Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6 II, Ceramide 1, phytosphingosine and cholesterol. Ceramides aid in moisturizing, repairing, and restoring dry, damaged skin.