Ivermectin Paste Horse Wormer (1.87% Ivermectin) is an anthelmintic and boticide. Controls large and small strongyles, pinworms, ascarids, hairworms, large mouth stomach worms, lungworms, intestinal threadworms and bots. Proven safe for pregnant mares, breeding stallions and foals. Each syringe treats up to a 1250 lb. horse. Syringes are marked in 250 lb. increments. Apple flavored.
Indicated for the treatment of nematode or arthropod infestations in horses due to:
Large Strongyles (adults)
Small Strongyles (adults, including those resistant to some benzimidazole class compounds)
Small Strongyles (fourth–stage larvae)
Pinworms (adults and fourth–stage larvae)
Ascarids (adults and third– and fourth–stage larvae)
Large-mouth Stomach Worms (adults)
Bots (oral and gastric stages)
Lungworms (adults and fourth–stage larvae)
Intestinal Threadworms (adults)
Summer Sores caused by Habronema and Draschia spp. cutaneous third-stage larvae
Dermatitis caused by Neck Threadworm microfilariae, Onchocerca sp.
Directions for Use
(1) While holding plunger, turn the knurled ring on the plunger 1/4 turn to the left and slide it so the side nearest the barrel is at the prescribed weight marking, aligning the arrow on the ring to the line between the weight and lbs, as shown in the pictogram.
(2) Lock the ring in place by making a 1/4 turn to the right. Ensure it is locked (it should no longer slide).
(3) Make sure that the horse’s mouth contains no feed.
(4) Remove the cover from the tip of the syringe.
(5) Insert the syringe tip into the horse’s mouth at the space between the teeth.
(6) Depress the plunger as far as it will go, depositing paste on the back of the tongue.
(7) Immediately raise the horse’s head for a few seconds after dosing.
(ivermectin paste) 1.87%