DOUXO Chlorhexidine Micro-emulsion Spray is for the management of skin infections responsive to chlorhexidine. This no-rinse formula contains antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory agents as well as moisturizers to help restore the skin barrier to health.
The fine mist spray is great for treatment between baths. Micro-emulsion technology helps the product travel over the surface of the skin. Each droplet contains hundreds of nano-size spheres of the skin-healing ingredients to mix with cells on the surface of the skin and travel through the intercellular spaces of the stratum corneum. The active ingredients remain intact in the spheres until they penetrate the skin where they diffuse slowly to help heal and restore the skin barrier.
DOUXO Chlorhexidine Micro-emulsion Spray also contains Phytosphingosine, a pro-ceramide to help rebuild the natural ceramides in the skin that are critical in helping keep the skin healthy.
- For topical treatment of skin infections
- Micro-emulsion dosage form brings the active ingredients deep into the epidermis and disperses hundreds of spheres with billions of droplets containing chlorhexidine and phytosphingosine
- Each sphere comes in contact with the lipid film coating the animal’s skin and hair
- Active ingredients migrate and penetrate the stratum corneum and epidermis
- Penetration of active ingredients extends to hair follicles and sebaceous glands
Directions for Use
Shake well before use.
Brush the hair coat against the natural fur line, then spray the product by holding the pump approximately 12 inches from the pet’s body. The product will disperse naturally. Do not over apply.
Dosage: 1 spray per 10 lbs. of body weight.
*Dosage may be doubled for long-haired breeds
Note: Approximately 400 sprays per bottle.
Cautions: For external use on dogs and cats only. Avoid contact with the eyes. In case of contact with eyes, rinse thoroughly and consult your veterinarian. If irritation occurs or increases, discontinue use and consult with your veterinarian.