Epakitin is a specially-formulated phosphate binder that naturally supports normal kidney function and health in dogs and cats. It works to prevent your pet’s body from absorbing phosphorus from the food they eat. This oral powder works to bind phosphates before they enter the blood and then transports them through the digestive tract where they are eliminated in the stool. Chitosan, the active ingredient, is a natural polysaccharide derived from shells of shrimp and crab. This naturally binds phosphorus, which limits the absorption of phosphorus from the intestines and that limitation helps pets with chronic kidney disease by slowing down damage caused by the disease.
- Palatable and easy to administer; can be used in conjunction with kidney support diets for phosphate management
- Aluminum Hydroxide-free; phosphate binders help decrease serum phosphorus, urea & creatinine levels
- Decreases the kidneys workload to support normal renal function
- Relieves the effects of kidney disease and increases life expectancy
- Administration can be lifelong and there are no reported side effects
Directions for Use
Give 1g/5kg body weight given orally in the morning and the evening mixed with food. One level spoonful (provided) of 300g jar contains 2.5 grams of Epakitin.
For use in cats and dogs. Allow free access to fresh water during administration. Administration can be life long. This is a nutritional supplement. Store in a cool dry place.
Lactose, Calcium Carbonate, Chitosan and Hydrolyzed Soy Protein