Help protect your kitty from pests with Frontline Plus Flea & Tick Spot Treatment for Cats, over 1.5 lbs. This treatment kills adult fleas, flea eggs, flea larvae, chewing lice, and ticks. It’s formulated with two active ingredients—fipronil and (S)-methoprene—to help disrupt the flea life cycle and inhibit future infestations. Plus, it’s designed to be waterproof after 24 hours, fast-acting, and long-lasting—one easy topical application works for 30 days. This treatment is paw-fect for cats weighing over 1.5 pounds.
- Promotes a fast-acting and long-lasting protection from fleas and ticks.
- Formulated with two active ingredients to help disrupt the flea life cycle.
- Kills adult fleas, flea eggs, flea larvae, chewing lice, and ticks.
- Simply apply once a month.
- Designed for a waterproof protection after 24 hours.
Your pet may experience some temporary irritation at the site of application. If signs persist or become severe within a few days of application, consult your veterinarian immediately. Observe your pet following treatment. Sensitivities may occur after using ANY pesticide product on pets. Please read entire manufacturer’s insert prior to using product. Approved for use in breeding, pregnant, or nursing dogs. Consult with veterinarian before using on sick, medicated or aged animals. Keep cats away from treated dogs for 24 hours or until product has dried. If applied to a dog or ingested by a pet, contact your veterinarian immediately.
Directions for Use
- Remove Applicator: Lift and remove the plastic tab to expose foil backing. Then peel away the foil. Or use scissors to open
- Open Applicator: Hold upright with foil side toward you and snap applicator tip
- Apply FRONTLINE Plus: Part your cat's hair between the shoulder blades. Place the applicator tip just above the skin and squeeze. Apply entire contents of the applicator in a single spot directly onto the animal's skin. Do not apply on top of the haircoat. Avoid contact with treated area until dry
- Remove the cat's collar
- Apply as a spot between your cat's shoulder blades in 1 area that can't be licked
- Avoid touching the wet application spot
- Wait 24 hours to allow solution to dry before bathing or letting your cat get wet
- Give each of your cats its own complete dose
Frequency of Application
- When used monthly, FRONTLINE Plus completely breaks the flea life cycle and controls tick and chewing lice infestations. Do not reapply FRONTLINE Plus for 30 days.
- FRONTLINE Plus kills adult fleas, flea eggs, and flea larvae for up to three months. FRONTLINE Plus also prevents development of all flea stages for up to three months. FRONTLINE Plus can control fleas for up to three months, however, if there is a high risk of reinfestation or if the pet has fleas which may cause flea allergy dermatitis, a once monthly application may be needed.
- FRONTLINE Plus kills ticks for at least one month. A once monthly application is recommended where tick control is needed. FRONTLINE Plus kills all life stages of ticks (larva, nymph and adult).
- FRONTLINE Plus kills ticks that may transmit Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, ehrlichiosis, babesiosis, anaplasmosis and other tick-borne diseases.
- FRONTLINE Plus kills chewing lice for at least one month. A once monthly application is recommended where chewing lice control is needed.
- FRONTLINE Plus aids in the control of sarcoptic mange infestations. Multiple monthly treatments are recommended for the elimination of mites.
Active Ingredients : Fipronil 9.8% , (S)-methoprene 11.8%
Fleas rise to the top of your pet's coat as they die, so consider it a triumph if you start seeing more fleas at first, after treating your pet. If you’re still seeing fleas after application, it may be because your pet has picked up new fleas from the environment, which may include other pets, surfaces and outdoor areas. It may take up to 90 days to break the entire flea life cycle. Additionally, you should also treat sources of new fleas (i.e., carpet, yard, etc.) to ensure complete flea control.
Recommended for the Frontline Plus for Cats