Itch Support Gold - For Allergy-Related Itch in Cats
Itch Support Gold is a combination of nine herbal ingredients for skin-related symptoms when felines come into contact with an allergen (a substance that triggers an allergic reaction).* For some cats, skin allergies are a constant condition; for others it may be seasonal or only occasional. Skin conditions due to allergies are an increasingly common disorder in pets and are a frequent cause for visits to the vet.
Itch Support Gold addresses the physiological mechanisms that can cause the skin (including on the paws) to become red and sometimes unbearably itchy. It works with the principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine to target the underlying imbalance and restore health from the inside out, without the harmful side effects commonly associated with long-term use of prescription medications.
- Supports a healthy immune response to allergens
- Soothes discomfort caused by incessant scratching
- Targets the underlying root cause to restore healthy skin
- Helps maintain skin health
Directions For Use
- Under 30 lb: Give one drop per 2 lb (1 kg) of body weight
- Shake well before use. Does not require refrigeration.
Dong Quai root (Angelica sinensis): An herb of Eastern Asia, its many uses include helping to carry oxygen to tissues, supporting normal blood flow, and promoting normal responses to allergens. The effects of Dong Quai may be due to its inhibitions of thromboxane A2 formation and prostaglandin E2 production.
Tribulus fruit (Tribulus terrestris): In combination with these other herbs, Tribulus has been shown to help maintain skin health.
Rehmannia root (Rehmannia glutinosa): This steamed root is a vital herb used widely in the traditional Chinese herbal repertory and contain vitamins C, A and some B vitamins. It is best known for its "tonic" properties to fortify the blood, increase vitality and support capillary integrity. It is used here to stabilize Yin and fortify and move the blood.
Chinese Peony root (Paeonia lactiflora): This root has a normalizing effect on allergies, particularly on certain skin allergies.
Schizonepeta aerial parts (Nepeta tenuifolia): Schizonepeta has superoxide scavenging activity, which might explain its common use for itchy skin issues. It is thought to exert an effect by reducing histamine release and inhibiting substance-P-induced itching in animals.
Siler root (Saposhnikovia divaricata): Good for liver Qi stagnation, common when itchy skin needs support. It also helps the body's natural mechanisms of flushing toxins for excretion.
Ligusticum root (Ligusticum wallichii): Similar to North American Osha and Lovage. It has properties to support the body's normal defenses from viral and microbial infections. Osha has also been used by Native American and Hispanic cultures for seasonal allergies.
Astragalus root (Astragalus membranaceus): One of the best known "adaptogens", Astragalus is a replenishing herb for normal recovery from illness. It protects against free radicals and is widely used for immune health.
Licorice root (Glycyrrhiza uralensis): This root is used to harmonize the formula and allows herbal synergy of all the ingredients.
Deionized water, natural bacon flavor, vegetable glycerin.
- If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian.
- Not to be used during pregnancy or nursing.
- Not to be used during diarrhea.
- May have a hypoglycemic effect; monitor blood sugar closely if using with blood-sugar-lowering drugs.
- Contains Licorice root: Use caution with cardiac or kidney disease. Use caution with steroids.
- Excessive use may contribute to water retention or hypertension.
- An examination from a veterinarian is recommended prior to using this product.
- Not for human consumption. Keep out of reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.