Dechra Mal-A-Ket Plus TrizEDTA Flush is a flush for patients where the added benefits of antimicrobial activity would be helpful.
For support of healthy skin for animals with conditions responsive to ketoconazole and/or chlorhexidine.
- Formulated for use in dogs and cats
- Antimicrobial, Antifungal
- Unique combination of chlorhexidine, ketoconazole and USP grade TrizEDTA which aids in breaking down bacterial cell walls increasing the efficacy of the active ingredients.
- The flush may be used as an ear cleanser prior to drug application. Ideally use it 15 to 30 minutes before applying medication. Exercise caution when using chlorhexidine in the ear if the integrity of the tympanic membrane is not known.
Directions for Use
SHAKE WELL BEFORE EACH USE. For use as an ear flush: apply to the ear canal, and gently, but firmly, massage the base of the ear. For use on skin: squeeze flush over affected area. Use a cotton ball to remove excess solution. Repeat as necessary or as directed by your veterinarian. Close cap tightly.
0.15% chlorhexidine gluconate, USP; 0.15% ketoconazole, USP; TrizEDTA® (Tromethamine, USP; Disodium EDTA, USP) composition
Chlorhexidine Gluconate, USP:
- Generally used as adjunctive therapy for bacterial skin infections caused by Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria.
- Considered to have residual effects and can remain active on skin after rinsing.
- A synthetic antifungal drug used to treat skin and fungal infections
TrizEDTA (Tromethamine, USP; Disodium EDTA, USP) composition
- Antimicrobial and antibiotic potentiating activity
- Blocks the Pseudomonas efflux pump
- Potentiates chlorhexidine and antibiotics
- Disrupts the bacterial cell wall by chelating metal ions making the cell wall more porous
- Inhibits the effects of ulcerating bacterial enzymes
Recommended for the Mal-A-Ket Plus TrizEDTA Flush