Mal-A-Ket Plus TrizEDTA Spray Conditioner for Dogs & Cats is a therapeutic dermatological solution that can be used to treat moderate to severe bacterial or fungal infections. The spray conditioner is easy to apply and safe for topical use on both cats and dogs, plus it has a fresh cucumber melon fragrance. This beneficial treatment supports healthy skin for animals with conditions that are responsive to ketoconazole and/or chlorhexidine, an active ingredient that is typically less drying and irritating than benzoyl peroxide.
- Formulated for use in dogs and cats
- Antimicrobial, Antifungal
- Unique combination of chlorhexidine, ketoconazole and USP grade TrizEDTA which aids in breaking down bacterial cell walls increasing the efficacy of the active ingredients.
Directions for Use
Shake well before each use. For dry application - apply directly to skin and haircoat and allow to dry. For wet application or after shampooing - remove excess moisture and apply directly to skin and haircoat, Use as often as desired or as directed by veterinarian.
2% chlorhexidine gluconate, USP; 1% ketoconazole, USP; TrizEDTA® (Tromethamine, USP; Disodium EDTA, USP) composition
Chlorhexidine Gluconate, USP:
- Generally used as adjunctive therapy for bacterial skin infections caused by Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria.
- Considered to have residual effects and can remain active on skin after rinsing.
- A synthetic antifungal drug used to treat skin and fungal infections
TrizEDTA (Tromethamine, USP; Disodium EDTA, USP) composition
- Antimicrobial and antibiotic potentiating activity
- Blocks the Pseudomonas efflux pump
- Potentiates chlorhexidine and antibiotics
- Disrupts the bacterial cell wall by chelating metal ions making the cell wall more porous
- Inhibits the effects of ulcerating bacterial enzymes
Recommended for the Mal-A-Ket Plus TrizEDTA Conditioning Spray (8 oz)