Xylazine Hcl Injection 20 Mg/ml Sedative And Analgesic For Use In Dogs And Cats Only Xylazine HCl Injection (xylazine) should be used in dogs and cats when it is desirable to produce a state of sedation accompanied by a shorter period of analgesia. Xylazine HCl Injection (xylazine) has been used successfully as follows:
1. Diagnostic procedures-examination of mouth and ears, abdominal palpation, rectal palpation, vaginal examination, catheterization of the bladder and radiographic examinations.
2. Orthopedic procedures, such as application of casting materials and splints.
3. Dental procedures.
4. Minor surgical procedures of short duration such as debridement, removal of cutaneous neoplasms and suturing of lacerations.
5. To calm and facilitate restraint of fractious animals.
6. Therapeutic medication for sedation and relief of pain following injury or surgery. 7. Major surgical procedures: a. When used as a preanesthetic to general anesthesia. b. When used in conjunction with local anesthetics. Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
Use as directed by your veterinarian.
Prescription items are NON-RETURNABLE and NON-REFUNDABLE.
NOTE: For generic medications, picture displayed may not depict actual product. Generic medications may vary from one order to the next by size, color and shape depending on manufacturer. Please note product may arrive in a Hardy Paw Pharmacy vial.