Dechra TrizCHLOR 4 Shampoo has been formulated for the support of healthy skin of animals with conditions responsive to chlorhexidine, including superficial bacterial and fungal skin infections and acute moist dermatitis (hot spots). Benefits Specially formulated to work as an antimicrobial. Designed to kill bacteria, fungus, and viruses on the skin. Perfect to cleanse and treat infections. Effective against multi-drug resistant Staphylococcal infections. One of the most powerful medicated products available without the need for a prescription. Contains betaine to soothe your pets skin, chlorhexidine to kill microbes, and TrizEDTA which is a buffer to chlorhexidine. Water-based formula supports normal skin health and does not contain alcohol. It is non-irritating to ulcerated or abraded skin or ears. Ideal for dogs, cats, and horses of all sizes and breeds.
For support of healthy skin for animals with conditions responsive to chlorhexidine. These conditions include: superficial bacterial and fungal skin infections, acute moist dermatitis (hot spots), pododermatitis.
- Antibacterial, Antiseptic, Antifungal
- Contains 4% chlorhexidine which is known to have activity against skin pathogens including: Malassezia pachydermatis, Staphylococcus pseudintermedius, and Dermatophytes
- Non-irritating to ulcerated or abraded skin
- Recent in vitro study of chlorhexidine shampoos (2%, 3%, 4%) demonstrated equivalent and excellent minimum bactericidal activity against S. pseudintermedius at 10 min incubation time
Directions for Use
SHAKE WELL. Apply to wet coat, rub onto skin and haircoat until lightly lathered. Allow shampoo to remain on skin and coat for 5-10 minutes. Rinse well. May be used daily or as directed by veterinarian.
Active Ingredients: 4% Chlorhexidene Gluconate, Trizedta (Tromethamine USP, Disodium Edta Dihydrate).
Also Contains: Lauramine Oxide, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Super Cocamide, Fragrance.
Chlorhexidine Gluconate, USP:
- Adjunctive therapy for bacterial skin infections caused by Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria
- Residual effect; shown to remain active on skin after rinsing
- Bacteria do not tend to develop resistance towards chlorhexidine gluconate
TrizEDTA® (Tromethamine, USP; Disodium EDTA, USP) composition:
- Antimicrobial and antibiotic potentiating activity
- Blocks the Pseudomonas efflux pump
- Potentiates chlorhexidine and antibiotics
- Disrupts the bacterial cell wall by chelating metal ions making the cell wall more porous
- Inhibits the effects of ulcerating bacterial enzymes
Recommended for the TrizCHLOR 4 Shampoo