Dechra TrizCHLOR 4 Spray for support of healthy skin for animals with conditions responsive to chlorhexidine. These conditions include: superficial bacterial and fungal skin infections, acute moist dermatitis (hot spots).
- Indicated for dogs, cats and horses
- Antibacterial, Antiseptic, Antifungal
- Contains 4% chlorhexidine which is known to have activity against skin pathogens including: Malassezia pachydermatis, Staphylococcus pseudintermedius, and Dermatophytes
- Non-irritating to ulcerated or abraded skin
- Spray has proven residual activity up to 10 days
- Contains betaine to soothe your pets skin, chlorhexidine, and TrizEDTA which is a buffer to chlorhexidine
Directions for Use
Shake well before each use. For dry application - apply directly to skin and haircoat. For wet application or after shampooing - remove excess moisture and apply to skin and haircoat. Use as often as desired or as directed by a veterinarian.
Store at controlled room temperature of 20 - 25 degrees Celsius (68 - 77 degrees Fahrenheit).
4% Chlorhexidine Gluconate, USP; TrizEDTA® (Tromethamine, USP; Disodium EDTA, USP) composition
Chlorhexidine Gluconate, USP:
- Adjunctive therapy for bacterial skin infections caused by Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria
- Residual effect; shown to remain active on skin after rinsing
- Bacteria do not tend to develop resistance towards chlorhexidine gluconate
TrizEDTA® (Tromethamine, USP; Disodium EDTA, USP) composition:
- Antimicrobial and antibiotic potentiating activity
- Blocks the Pseudomonas efflux pump
- Potentiates chlorhexidine and antibiotics
- Disrupts the bacterial cell wall by chelating metal ions making the cell wall more porous
- Inhibits the