Dechra TrizCHLOR 4HC Spray is an easy-to-use spray which is indicated for coat and skin conditions where the following properties would be beneficial to the patient: antifungal, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-pruritic.
For support of healthy skin for animals with conditions responsive to chlorhexidine. These conditions include: superficial, pruritic, bacterial and fungal skin infections, acute moist dermatitis (hot spots), and pododermatitis. The addition of hydrocortisone helps promote relief of itchy skin.
- Indicated for dogs, cats and horses
- Antibacterial, Antiseptic, Antifungal
- Contain 4% chlorhexidine which is known to have activity against skin pathogens including: Malassezia pachydermatis, Staphylococcus pseudintermedius, and Dermatophytes
- Non-irritating to ulcerated or abraded skin
- Spray has proven residual activity up to 10 days
Directions for Use
SHAKE WELL. For dry application - apply directly to skin and haircoat and allow to dry. For wet application or after shampooing - remove excess moisture and apply directly to skin and haircoat. Use 1 - 3 times weekly or as directed by veterinarian.
Store at controlled room temperature of 59°F to 86°F.
4% Chlorhexidine Gluconate, USP; 1% Hydrocortisone, USP; TrizEDTA® (Tromethamine, USP; Disodium EDTA, USP) composition
Chlorhexidine Gluconate, USP:
- Adjunctive therapy for bacterial skin infections caused by Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria
- Residual effect; shown to remain active on skin after rinsing
- Bacteria do not tend to develop resistance towards chlorhexidine gluconate
TrizEDTA® (Tromethamine, USP; Disodium EDTA, USP) composition:
- Antimicrobial and antibiotic potentiating activity
- Blocks the Pseudomonas efflux pump
- Potentiates chlorhexidine and antibiotics
- Disrupts the bacterial cell wall by chelating metal ions making the cell wall more porous
- Inhibits the
Recommended for the TrizCHLOR 4HC Conditioning Spray (8 oz)