Dechra Mal-A-Ket Shampoo is a shampoo which is indicated for coat and skin conditions where the following properties would be beneficial to the patient: antifungal, antibacterial, and degreasing.
For support of healthy skin for animals with conditions responsive to ketoconazole and/or chlorhexidine.
- Shampoo formulated for use in dogs, cats and horses
- Antimicrobial, Antifungal
Directions for Use
SHAKE WELL. Apply to wet coat, rub onto skin and haircoat to create a rich lather. Allow shampoo to remain on skin and coat for 5-10 minutes. Rinse well. Use initially 2-4 times per week for 4 weeks, then reduce to once per week or as directed by your veterinarian.
Active Ingredients: 2% chlohexidene gluconate 2% acetic acid 1% ketoconazole.
Inactive Ingredients: lauramine oxide cocamidopropyl betaine decyl glucoside tetrasodium EDTA fragrance.
2% Chlorhexidine Gluconate, USP:
- Generally used as adjunctive therapy for bacterial skin infections caused by Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria.
- Considered to have residual effects and can remain active on skin after rinsing
2% Acetic acid:
- Cleansing, acidifying, antibacterial
1% Ketoconazole, USP:
- A synthetic antifungal drug used to treat skin and fungal infections